Our thoughts on the future of business
The Easy Thing About Hard Things
Jonathan | April 13, 2018
As I often tell people, starting SnapStrat is the hardest thing I have ever done. Why is founding a startup so hard?
- The vast majority of people think you won’t succeed, even if they are too polite to tell you.
- You make mistakes every single day.
- Your shiny brand-new company may be significant to you, but to prospects, potential investors and possible partners you are .01% of their mindshare.
As I often tell people, starting SnapStrat is the most rewarding thing I have ever done. Why is founding a startup so rewarding?
- The people who think you will succeed truly believe in you and will do whatever they can to help you. These are the relationships that really matter.
- You get to learn something new every single day.
- Every so often you get the mindshare of a prospect, an investor or a partner, and when you do, the whole trajectory of your company changes.
Hardest thing or most rewarding thing? Well, both. But its which side you focus on that will change how much you enjoy the journey.